Saturday, September 29, 2012

Screen Cast - So Great!

I just got done making my first screen cast using Screenr.  All I can say, is "Wow! I wished I would have made this sooner." Last year, I had my students demonstrate how to get to a certain website, log in, and access information.  But, if I would have had a screen cast, my students could access this as many times as needed and throughout the year if need be.  The tutorial that I just completed is on how to access the online math text book.  Recently I assigned an assignment, and while I gave my students a hard copy, I wanted them to answer the questions online so that they could get immediate feedback plus appropriate activities to help them do their best on their first summative assessment.  Some of my students chose not to access this tool and they didn't have a good reason as to why.  Posting a video tutorial like this can help parents work with their child and making sure that they complete their assignment.  In my opinion, I don't think it leaves room for any excuses as to why they couldn't complete their assignment.  This is just another powerful way to flip certain elements of my classroom.  While my first attempt is not perfect, it has excited me to create more video tutorials.  Check back again for another one.


1 comment:

  1. Screencasts are the perfect tool to help kids in and out of school. The Pearson site login and the Team Website are outstanding topics for a screencasts. Targeting both parent and students is a great idea. Parents will especially like to have a video tutorial so they know what resources are available on the team site and how to login to the Pearson site. Nice pacing with your narration. Hope these are just the beginning of many more to come!

    ReplyDelete