Sunday, September 16, 2012

Animoto - Love It!

This was a fun assignment and one that my students will enjoy viewing in the future.  I took a boring PowerPoint that my team had me create to inform students of best practices when being assigned and using their locker and turned it into a fun Animoto presentation.  I'm sure my students will learn more using this format than me clicking away through the slides.

I can see future uses in my classroom to introduce new concepts in math or to summarize a unit. If my students enjoy creating, perhaps I can assign them the task of making their own Animoto video to demonstrate what they have learned.  Using different types of technology in the classroom really expands the walls; I really love how videos can be embedded into the Animoto presentation.  Students could even film one another while they are completing a practice or challenge problem and turn it into a lesson for others.  I can't think of a better way to engage students and to offer an exciting way for them to learn and teach others.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea to take a PowerPoint and transform it into a web based Animoto. The video clips of the kids were darling, personalized the project, and added the wow factor. I also loved the handprint Tagxedo. Perfect for the locker combo project. Great work!

    ReplyDelete