Friday, June 24, 2011

Student Activities

This last year seemed like one of my best years as far as getting to know my students.  My home life can be pretty demanding with my husband travelling, the usual kid activities, and the fact that I need some one to care for my 14 year old daughter with Down syndrome after school.  I have been able to tutor students on occasion, but some of my more athletic students have wanted me to attend their Lewis and Clark sports competitions.  I am proud to say that this last year, I finally made it to a track meet.  What an awesome event and I got to see my students from last year and this year compete.  When we returned to school, I went and spoke to each of these students to let them know I was proud of their abilities.  Thanks to Ann Feldmann for getting me to the track meet which by the way came in the middle of shopping for graduation parties.  Fun times!   One of the parents posted this video and in turn, I posted it to my Edmodo account in case students didn't know it was out there.  It sparked good conversation and promoted our Lewis and Clark cohesiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment